• To intensify the Novices` love of Jesus: living a Jesus-centered life.
• The introduction of our Rule, Directory, and Constitutions.
• The study of Scripture: to deepen the Novices understanding of the Gospel message of Jesus, and the interrelationship of the Old and New Testaments.
• A deeper understanding of our Catholic Faith, its doctrine, teachings, and a greater appreciation of the Catholic Catechism.
• Deeper presentation of Carmelite spirituality and Marian doctrine.
• Presentation of official Vatican translations of the Encyclicals of our Holy Father, also all post-synodal exhortations to religious.
The Carmel D.C.J. Novitiate consists of two years. The first year is basically one of an intense introduction into Carmel spirituality. The Novice remains in the provinicial house and does not participate in any of the apostolic ministries of the congregation. The second-year Novice will spend some time away from the provincial house in one of the local homes. She will actively participate in the apostolic mission of the respective home and will be under the direction of a Sister who will provide continuity in the course of studies already undertaken.